Monday, September 17, 2012

WE'RE BACK...

It's been a while since I last made a blog entry. Life being life , I guess. The hustle and bustle nature, the cares of this world, trying to keep ends meetings, are all legtimate reasons for my prolonged absence. It was initially amusing charting the periodic progress I was attempting to make as an older man with a young child. But as could be expected, the novelty soon diminished and the business of responsible parenting became paramount. That is not say that the experience doesn't continue to produce those special moments. The latest of which is a phase Shiloh is in now where she constantly prepares my meals. Sometime invisible ones she'll make in the miniature pots and pans she received as a recent gift. She thrust it in my face and request that I eat it. How can I say no to that? The spaghetti the other night was especially delish, though she made no mention of what sauce accompanied it. If I can locate my long ago invisible friend, Fred, maybe he could shed some light on the culinary makeup of  these meals.  Closer to reality, Shiloh made me an actual peanut butter sandwich on a tiny hamburger bun, at least the top half of it. I must say she did an exceptioonal job, though she ate most of it. It is such a profound privilege to be the father of such a considerate and sweet young lady. Especially when it comes to feeding her daddy, a trend  that hopefully, will last for quite some time.

No comments:

Post a Comment